CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Going to Carolina

Last weekend, we went to Lake Lure, NC to visit Scott's mom and stepdad a.k.a. Grana and Papa Forest. They hadn't seen Ford since his birthday and couldn't believe how much he had changed!


We were worried about how Ford would travel in the car (it's about a 5 1/2 hour drive from Nashville). He only slept for 30 minutes on the way there, but he was amazingly pleasant. He ate lots of graham crackers, looked at lots of books, and listened to his Kindermusic CD which all seemed to keep him happy.

Lake Lure is a beautiful place and they live in a mountain community with lots of fun stuff to do. There is a swimming pool, lazy river, beach, playground, putt putt, game room and much more. We went to the pool and lazy river one day and went out on their boat on Friday and Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure if Ford didn't like his life jacket or if he was just tired, but he wasn't entirely happy with the boat ride. Papa Forest let him help drive the boat and we went to see the ducks at the marina and that seemed to help. It will be even more fun to visit when Ford is big enough to enjoy everything.

Ford did amazingly well...he slept through the night and took naps without a problem. And, other than the last 45 minutes of the ride home, he was a very happy little boy. We were so proud of him! It was so nice to be able to spend a long weekend with Grana and Papa Forest. We all had a wonderful time.

I'm new at this blogging stuff. It has taken me a whole week to publish my first post! Hopefully, I'll get better at this and I will try and post at least once a week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Nat!! How inspiring??!! I wish I had time to make me a blog. Maybe someday.... i love yours... keep up the good work. Can't wait to see you.
Love,
Holly

Unknown said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I'm going to check it every single day!

Cute, cute pictures from NC. I thought I was crazy for flying with Cati and Gus by myself, but I think that driving 5 1/2 hours with a toddler might be just as crazy!! ; )

I love y'all. Call me today if you get a chance. Always, Ab

nicholsjen said...

Yay Nat! Ford may have not liked his life jacket, but he looks soooooo cure in it!!!