CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Eastside


We had another nice weekend this past weekend. It was BEAUTIFUL on Sunday, so Scott and I packed up Ford and the wagon and went to hang out in our hood, the Eastside.

They have an art show/fair once a month in the parking lot of a local lounge. Cousin Julia and her friend Christy were selling their mosaic art, so we went to visit with them and look at all the other talented artison's ware (I forgot that I brought the camera, so I don't have any pictures from the art fair).

Then we walked up to the local ice cream shop, Pied Piper Creamery, and got some yummy ice cream. The ice cream shop is locally owned, as are most of the businesses in East Nashville, and they make all of the ice cream in house (the shop is literally in an old house).

Here is the view on the walk to the ice cream shop...walking up Woodland Street toward Five Points:

If you click on this picture, I think you can read the sign on this house that we passed. If not, it says, "Hippies use side door."

We passed the local "Weenery" on the way there called "I Dream of Weenie." It's housed in an old VW bus:

And one of my favorite puns of all time...this art and invention gallery is in an old mechanics garage, so it's called the Garage Mahal.
Ford licking ALL of the ice cream off of his spoon:

Some day I'll create an entire post about our neighborhood and all the things I love about it. East Nashville is full of interesting people and historic architecture...two things that I truly love!

0 comments: