CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Audrey!

We've been busy since my last post. Ford had a double ear infection which made us take our first sick visit to the pediatrician in a long time. The reason I knew he had an ear infection is because he told me! "Ear hurts, Mommy." It was so nice that he was able to communicate that to me!

That was on Wednesday right after supper. I gave him some Motrin and when Scott was reading him books before bed, he asked Ford how his ears were feeling. Ford said, "Ears feel better, Daddy. Mommy fix it." Is that not the sweetest thing you've ever heard? Other than waking up several times for a few nights and the meltdown of all meltdowns at the doctor's office, it all went pretty well. He finished taking his antibiotic on Saturday and is feeling much better.
Ford's cousin, Audrey Claire, had her fourth birthday this past Saturday. Her birthday party was in Bowling Green and we made a game time decision not to go as to not get Ford off his sleep schedule (Ford went two weeks and only took one nap...not good). Anyway, we love her very much and were sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate. Ford did call and sing Happy Birthday. Here is a recent picture of the cool birthday girl!Also, this past weekend, my dear friend Abby came to Nashville. She and our other dear friend, Jones, ran the half marathon. Mary Ann and I went to meet them at the finish line. Congratulations, girls!After leaving the race, we all went to lunch and met our other dear friend, Nichols, and her husband Shawn and their sweet, sweet baby girl, Scarlett.Saturday night, we went to Mary Ann's house. It was just the girls! All the Dads were taking care of the kids. It's so good for my soul to get to be around these girls!
We had a wonderfully busy weekend (I'll do another post about Ford's school festival this past Friday night). I'll end this one with a few recent pictures of Ford.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! Love all the pictures, especially the one of Ford with the washrag on his head and the story about him saying "Mommy fix it!" I love it! Miss y'all so much, Ab