CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


Ford mentioned earlier this week that he wanted to go to the "car house." He was talking about the hot dog vendor, "I Dream of Weenie." Since Scott and Ford love hot dogs (and I don't), I thought it might be a fun Father's Day activity for this weekend.

We packed up and headed to our East Nashville weenery and loaded up on hot dogs. It started to pour down rain right before we left, so we had to get the hot dogs to go. Nonetheless, Scott and Ford enjoyed their dogs!


After church on Sunday, we invited Paw Paw and Rona over to celebrate Father's Day and Paw Paw's birthday, which was this past Thursday, June 12th. Scott and Paw Paw opened gifts and Ford played in his swimming pool for a while. After Ford went to bed, the grown ups had dinner and cake and watched the U.S. Open.




The only thing missing was that we didn't get to spend Father's Day with my dad. I am blessed to have my dad and I think Scott would say the same thing about his. It's also sweet to see them in their grandfather roles with Ford.

And, I have to compliment my husband on being such an amazing father to Ford. I am so proud of what a wonderful daddy he is to Ford. Ford is absolutely crazy about Scott and I know the feeling is mutual.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to Scott, Paw Paw, Papa and Papa Forest! Ford and I love you all!

1 comments:

Steve Simpson said...

I think 'I Dream of Weenie' sounds like an outstanding place to eat. I'll have to try it along with the cheeseburger dive next time in town. I hope ya'll are staying well.