CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Sweetest Thing

Most of you who talk to me on a regular basis hear me complain about Ford more than anything else. As most of you know, Ford cried a lot when he was tiny and is presently a very strong-willed toddler. Ford also has to have a very regimented sleep schedule...same naptime and (early) bedtime everyday. Otherwise, he doesn't sleep well. At home, he won't sleep anywhere other than his crib.

Yesterday, Ford started the fall session of playschool. He doesn't nap there and was very tired. Right before we got home he fell asleep in the car. When I got him out of the car, he didn't wake up. I carried him into the house, sat down on the couch and he slept on me for about 20 minutes. I woke him up only because I didn't want to spoil his bedtime.

He hasn't slept on me since he was a tiny baby. The child will not fall asleep if you hold or rock him and wakes up at the sight of anyone. I just held him, stinky diaper and all, and thought how it's little moments like these that make it all worth it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, that's so sweet and I'm so glad that you got to enjoy that time with him. Precious!