CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig!


We went to Illinois along with Scott's dad for Labor Day weekend to visit Scott's Dad's family. We hadn't been to visit since May of last year. We knew they wouldn't care a thing about seeing us, but figured a visit from Ford was long overdue.

Scott's grandpa just turned 85 and his grandma is 82. They have lived in the same house since 1960 and have lived in Winchester, IL, the most quintessential small town, their whole lives. Here is a picture of their house (it was built in the 1880's).

We arrived on Friday in time to eat pizza and watch the Cardinals vs. Reds after Ford went to bed. On Saturday, Scott, Ford and I went for a walk around Winchester. Here is Grandma and Grandpa's church, the town square and library. When we got back, Grandpa asked us where all we walked. We told him and he said that that was pretty much the whole town!
On Sunday, we headed to Springfield to Scott's uncle Steve's house. Almost all of Scott's family came on that day to visit. I got really lazy and didn't take many pictures. So, I'll just put a couple of cute ones of Ford here...climbing trees in the backyard and with his "Steak and Shake" hat.
Oh, and over the weekend, we had TWO wedding anniversaries to celebrate. Scott and I were married four years on Friday, August 31st and Grandma and Grandpa celebrated 63 years on Monday, September 3rd. I hope that someday I can say that Scott and I have been married that long!

We had a really nice visit, but we are glad to be home!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pictures!! The one of Ford "climbing" the tree is the cutest! He looks so happy and really proud of himself. Scott's grandparents live in the cutest, little town! I'm sure they loved having y'all there.

I also love the photo from your wedding reception. You looked so, so beautiful!!

Love y'all, Ab

UKNat said...

Hey Ab, thank you for always commenting. It makes me happy to know somebody is reading the blog! Nat

nicholsjen said...

I'm reading!!! And I'm sooo thankful you're writing this blog.

I was going to say the same thing about you at your reception Nat! You looked amazing!