CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tomato Art Festival

This weekend was the East Nashville Tomato Art Festival. Some of the streets were blocked off and there were vendors, bands and a parade. The local Methodist Church has a huge lawn and had tons of fun (and free!) stuff for the kids to do...face painting, popcicles, water slides, balloons. Ford was going to get a tomato painted on his face. But the two big boys in front of him got moustaches, so Ford insisted on a moustache: My boys: Lots of friends, people, kids and pups: Some of Ford's friends: Ford had cheetos for lunch...I am not ashamed: Ford raised up his shirt and got some beads (just kidding): They had a stage set up at five points (the East Nashville business hub). There was a band playing (Laura Sweeney - she reminded me of Fleming for those of you who lived in Nashville ten years ago). Ford wandered over in front of where the band was playing and didn't move. It was loud and I thought it would hurt his ears. He stood there and listened to four or five songs. I'm not sure if he loved the music or if he just had a crush on the cute lead singer. Here's a little video of him watching the band:

On Friday, we went to the park to play with some friends: Ford can ride the big boy swing now. He's not a baby anymore: Ford got on Tyner's bike and wouldn't get off. I guess we know what to ask Santa for this Christmas: On Sunday, we went to church and then met Pawpaw and Rona for lunch. We went to Mitchell's Deli and they have a courtyard in the back with a garden. Scott got some neat pictures of Ford by the garden. Here is one of them: This afternoon, our neighbor's daughter Kate came over to play with Ford: We had a fun weekend. I'm still am a couple of weeks behind on my posts. I'll try and write about last week in my next post. Have a great week everybody!

0 comments: