CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, West End





Our church, West End Community Church, had it's tenth birthday celebration on September 14th. I didn't realize that the church was offically established in 1998. I started going with my girlfriends in 1999 when we were all still single; Scott started going with me when we started dating in 2000; and Scott and I joined the church the summer that we got married. Carter Crenshaw, our senior pastor, married us.

For many, many reasons, this church has a special place in my heart. I always wondered if I'd ever find a church that felt like "home," like my church where I grew up. And, this one does. Not only is it a place of worship, but a place where we are loved and supported. When we had Ford, our community group coordinated meals for us. Between my friends, our mothers, and the sweet girls in our group, we had meals provided for THREE MONTHS. It makes me cry to think about what a kind gesture that was for us as new parents. The meals ministry is only one of the beautiful servant ministries at our church.

We are so proud to be a part of this church and we hope to be there for the twentieth birthday party! Happy Birthday, West End!

0 comments: