CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

This past weekend, I went on a women's retreat with my church. We went to Natchez Trace State Park and stayed at a lodge there. It was a wonderful, peaceful weekend and it was nice to spend it with the sweet ladies from my community group and church. Here is the view from our balcony:Sunday afternoon, after I got home, Scott, Ford and I went to the park. Here is a picture of Ford at the park in his cute Master's shirt from Grana and Papa Forest.Here is a funny picture from the park. Notice the "big" boys playing on the slide. Whenever Ford sees "big" kids, he likes to stand in close proximity to them. When they laugh, he'll laugh really loudly as if he is part of the conversation. It really is a hoot to see. Those boys were probably eight or nine and couldn't have cared less that Ford was standing there. Thankfully, at this age, Ford doesn't really know the difference.This past week, we had dinner with Suzanne and her sweet baby Benjamin. We were so glad to be able to spend some time with Suzanne and Ben. Look how cute he is!A strange phenomenon happened last week. Ford took a long nap and when he woke up, I went in to check on him. He didn't want to get out of his bed. We've only been allowing him to have his poppy (pacie)when he's in his bed, so that may have been why he wanted to stay in there. I asked him if he wanted to read his books in his bed. He said yes and I gave him a few books and told him to yell for me when he was ready to get out. About every five of ten minutes I would go check on him, he'd ask for more books and I'd tell him to yell when he was ready to get out. He stayed in his bed and "read" quietly for over an hour! I couldn't believe it!
Well, I guess that's all for now. I'll end with some pictures from the past week. Ford in his Yoda shirt from Uncle Greg:
Ford this morning before school:
Ford likes to stand with his hands in his pockets:
Ford eating dinner with his friend from church, Tyner:
Eating breakfast with mommy (notice the snow through the windows). Ford is saying cheese:
Hopefully my next post will be pictures of the twins on Wednesday! Have a safe and wonderful week!

0 comments: